IT Support and Consulting for your Growing Business
Why Secure Future Tech Solutions?
Since 1992, we have exclusively supported small to medium size businesses throughout Rhode Island and Southern New England. That means we understand YOUR unique needs. We become your Chief Information Officer, and an integral part of your team. Our technology solutions are proactive and designed around your corporate initiatives, goals and budget.
We pride ourselves on our expert team of engineers that are ready to respond to your requests.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does a Managed Services Provider do?
- Managed Services Providers (commonly referred to as an MSP) are outsourced companies that oversee the IT needs for its clients. This proactive model offers 24 x 7 x 365 monitoring and maintenance of a network and is designed to discover and fix problems before our clients experience any disruption in their day-to-day activity. The name of the game here is “Up-Time!”
- Another perk to the MSP model is the fixed-fee pricing model. This allows the ability to predictably budget for IT services each month.
- Can I pay for IT Support only when I need it?
- The “Break-Fix” or “Pay-As-You-Go” model is an older model of IT support where the client only calls their IT Vendor when a problem arises. This model does allow you (the client) greater control in deciding when you want an IT issue fixed however, there is a tendency to “wait” until there is an emergency. This reactive approach to IT Services could be quite costly in dollars spent and more importantly, productive time lost. Also, since no one is actively monitoring your network, you are at risk for undetected security breaches.
- According to a recent study by Clutch, 59% of IT services are shifting away from the “Break-Fix” model to the Managed Services model. This shift alleviates the I am being “nickel-and-dimed” mindset to a true value of taking care of the technology that is working on the back-end to grow your business.
- The name of the game is to provide Legendary Proactive IT Support to our clients so the “Pay-As-You-Go” model does not fit into our Core Values. Because of the reactive nature of “Pay-As-You-Go”, we do not currently accept new Time and Material Clients. We are happy to offer your business an affordable monthly services agreement that will allow us to provide the Legendary Proactive IT Support your company deserves.
- What are your hours of operation and response time?
- Our normal business hours are Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST. After hours emergency support is available 24 x 7 x 365 days per year.
- Your uptime is our priority. Our emergency response time is one hour or less, guaranteed. A live person will answer your call, or you can email a service request to us to get a speed response during normal business hours. We can log in to your PC or Server remotely to resolve many issues immediately without the wait for a technician to travel to your location.
Let’s Talk Cybersecurity
- I run a small business, why would a Hacker be interested in me?
- Hackers consider a small business “low-hanging-fruit!” Traditionally, small business owners take too relaxed of an approach when it comes to securing their networks. Hackers know this, and take advantage by easily making their way into your networks to install viruses, malware and even take over your email account so they can send “phishing” emails to your contact list.
- Hackers are motivated by money so by taking advantage of your poor network defenses, they can scam you and your clients out of your hard-earned money.
- I have FREE antivirus software already, why do I have to spend money on additional Cybersecurity solutions?
- Free antivirus software does not provide protection capable of stopping many Malware or Virus attacks. Antivirus in general does not prevent most current threats due to the reactive and slow nature of identifying new pieces of Malware and viruses. The antivirus vendors must write signature files based upon the unique finger prints of viruses that are continually being identified. This reactive process takes time before the antivirus vendors can update their systems to prevent a new threat therefore, plenty of businesses become infected with Malware or Viruses before their antivirus software can protect them.
- We recommend deploying a Next Generation Security system called Sentinel One. Sentinel One works very differently from traditional antivirus software. Sentinel One is a proactive system that does not rely on identifying threats using signature files that are too slow to be helpful. Sentinel One watches over your computers using a behavior based approached. If your computer is acting in a manner that is suspicious, Sentinel One will block the behavior and notify our Support Help Desk so we can immediately deal with the threat attacking your business.